Home / Career
The world is our classroom at OBS, Harness the outdoors and inspire our youths!
To Serve, To Strive and Not To Yield
As an OBS Instructor, you will coach our youth and help them to discover their strengths through a rigorous outdoor education experience. You will lead expeditions across land and sea, motivating our youth to persevere and work as a team. Your personal determination and leadership qualities will shape Singapore’s next generation. OBS is expanding, and we are looking for passionate leaders to join our family and share the outdoor experience.
We want you to shape Singapore’s next generation. Learn more at our next recruitment briefing:
Date: 17 Jan 2020 (Friday)
Time: 7pm (Registration starts from 6.30pm)
Venue: National Youth Council
|Click here to sign up today!|
OBS Instructor Selection Process (ISP)
OBS Instructors are selected through an immersive 3D2N outdoor expedition - participants will go through mentally and physically challenging activities to demonstrate their strength and grit. At the end, selected candidates will be invited for a final panel interview with Management. If you have what it takes, start by joining us at the next recruitment briefing!
• Fresh graduates with Degree or Diploma are welcome to apply
• Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident
• Passion for engaging and developing youth
• Able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment
• Team player who is driven, effective, and resourceful
• Relevant experience and/or active sporting or outdoor background will be advantageous
The ISP is a physically demanding programme, if you have any of the medical conditions below, you may not be advised to participate for your safety.
1. Breathing problems, e.g. exercise induced asthma
2. Blood disorder, e.g. anaemia
3. Severe obesity, e.g. Body Mass Index (BMI) above 35 due to obesity
4. Epilepsy/fits/seizures, e.g. any attack within the last 2 years
5. Unavoidable allergens resulting in severe allergic reaction, e.g. traces of allergen or insect bites
6. Severe Behavioural and/or psychological conditions, e.g. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
7. Any condition requiring administration of injections or medical equipment support, e.g. Insulin, Epipen
8. Any condition that may impair movement and/or adversely affect safety to self or others during the course
|Register for the recruitment briefing now!|
Diploma holder – Starting from $2,700 for fresh graduates
Degree holder – Starting from $3,100 for fresh graduates
Enjoy a wide range of leave benefits including vacation, medical, study, marriage, maternity/paternity, childcare, and parent-care leave.
As a public officer on the Medisave-cum-Subsidised Outpatient (MSO) medical benefits scheme, you'll receive an additional 2% of your gross monthly salary into your Central Provident Fund Medisave Account.
You'll also receive a subsidy of up to $500 per calendar year for your medical expenses.
You'll be reimbursed 85% of your dental expenses per visit, up to a maximum of $120 per year.
OBS, a division of the National Youth Council (NYC) autonomous agency, is part of a world-wide adventure-based training network in more than 30 countries. OBS is one of the leaders in adventure education programmes in the region.
Over the past 50 years, more than 500,000 individuals have been changed for life by an Outward Bound experience.